We’re interested in expanding the resources available on our website. If you have a relevant case study, syllabus, or research/journal article, please contact Marianne Jorgensen at email@example.com to have your materials added to the website.
Expand the titles below to view documents.
ALPINE Case Studies
- Eight profiles that highlight the important role colleges and universities are playing in advancing conservation in the region - (Bates College, Colgate University, College of the Atlantic, Connecticut College, Harvard University, Middlebury College, Smith College, and the University of Vermont)
- Conserving the University of Vermont Natural Areas and Research Forests
- How Middlebury College Conserved its Bread Loaf Campus - Katie Michels, Kevin Fleming, and Isabella Gambill
- Conservation of the Harvard Forest, Harvard University
- Teaching the Art and Practice of Land Protection to College Students - Dave Kittredge, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Newly published paper in Conservation Biology assesses local economic impacts of land conservation in New England, finding novel evidence that land protection increases local employment rates. Read a summary or explore the Conservation Biology paper.
- Ecological Inventory and Management of Protected Lands - University of Rhode Island
- Global Land Conservation: Theory and Practice — Boston University
- Incorporating Land Protection into your Graduate or Undergraduate Courses — Webinar Module, Lecture, Reading List
- Involvement with Land, Habitat, and Community Conservation: An Outline — University of New England
- Land Conservation Practice in the United States and Around the World — Harvard University
- Land Conservation Techniques — Plymouth State University
- Land Protection Tools and Techniques – University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Natural Areas Conservation and Stewardship — University of Vermont
Small Scale Land Conservation — Clark University
- Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies — Landscape Conservation Collaboration
- Center for Natural Resources and Environmental Policy, University of Montana — Building a Large Landscape Conservation Community of Practice
- Land Conservation Task Force — Shaping the Next Generation of Land Conservation in Maine
- Maine Mountain Collaborative — The Environmental Consequences of Forest Fragmentation in the Western Maine Mountains
- Massachusetts Land Trust Coalition — 2020 Survey of Massachusetts Land Trusts
- One Tam Four-Year Partnership Study — Generating, Scaling Up, and Sustaining Partnership Impact
- Texas Hill Country Conservation Network — Network Models and Lessons from Across the U.S.
- The Nature Conservancy — Conservation by Design, A Strategic Framework for Mission Success
ALPINE webinar series
ALPINE hosted a series of webinars in lieu, during the COVID pandemic, of an in-person annual meeting. These webinars featured faculty collaborations with land conservation organizations and current research pertinent to land conservation. Click on the links below to view the webinars.
- Assessing Local Economic Impacts and Opportunities for Land Protection in New England
- Stanford University Efforts in Research and Practice in Land Conservation: students, faculty, and land managers collaborating for solutions in conservation
- Faculty Collaboration in Land Conservation Initiatives
Archived ALPINE E-News
ALPINE sends out updates of our latest news and resources. You can view our past newsletters here, and sign up to receive future newsletters here.
|December 2020||May 2019||December 2018|
|September 2018||October 2017||April 2017|