We’re interested in expanding the resources available on our website. If you have a relevant case study, syllabus, or research/journal article, please contact Marianne Jorgensen at email@example.com to have your materials added to the website.
Expand the titles below to view documents.
ALPINE Case Studies
- Conserving the University of Vermont Natural Areas and Research Forests
- How Middlebury College Conserved its Bread Loaf Campus - Katie Michels, Kevin Fleming, and Isabella Gambill
- Conservation of the Harvard Forest, Harvard University
- Teaching the Art and Practice of Land Protection to College Students - Dave Kittredge, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Newly published paper in Conservation Biology assesses local economic impacts of land conservation in New England, finding novel evidence that land protection increases local employment rates. Read a summary or explore the Conservation Biology paper.
- Ecological Inventory and Management of Protected Lands - University of Rhode Island
- Global Land Conservation: Theory and Practice — Boston University
- Incorporating Land Protection into your Graduate or Undergraduate Courses — Webinar Module, Lecture, Reading List
- Involvement with Land, Habitat, and Community Conservation: An Outline — University of New England
- Land Conservation Practice in the United States and Around the World — Harvard University
- Land Conservation Techniques — Plymouth State University
- Land Protection Tools and Techniques – University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Natural Areas Conservation and Stewardship — University of Vermont
Small Scale Land Conservation — Clark University
- Maine Mountain Collaborative publishes in-depth study on the environmental consequences of forest fragmentation in western Maine.
Archived ALPINE E-News
ALPINE sends out a updates of our latest news and resources. You can view our past newsletters here, and sign up to receive future newsletters here.
|May 2019||December 2018||September 2018|
|October 2017||April 2017|